SEA WORLD — MAKO COASTER — TAKE THE WILD RIDE!
Have you ever wanted to ride the tallest, longest, fastest and wildest roller coaster in the Orlando area? Here’s your chance… with Mako. This steel hypercoaster is a one-of-a-kind experience… with “high speeds, deep dives, and thrills around every turn”.
The Mako is the fastest species of shark in the oceans. Sea World shared this… “On Mako you’ll experience what it’s like to be this apex predator, surging through the water at top speed and chasing prey throughout a massive reef. It’ll be a wild ride of fear, thrills and fun.” Here are the specs…
- 200 feet tall — see Orlando’s skyline from the top
- 4,760 feet long — nearly a mile long coaster
- Reaching speeds up to 73 mph
- Near weightless “air time”
Hypercoasters are considered to be the true extreme roller coaster experience.
Mako is the centerpiece attraction of Shark Wreck Reef, Sea World’s new reimagined area. In this 2 acre realm, guests feel immersed in an underwater shipwreck and its resident sharks. It includes…
- Shark Encounter — Have a close-up encounter with sharks as they swim around you in the world’s longest underwater viewing tunnel
- Sharks Underwater Grill — Dine with sharks in this upscale restaurant as they swim behind glass
- Educational experiences — Opportunities to learn about these mysterious species
A focal point of Shark Wreck Reef is an original mural painted by world renowned sea life artist Guy Harvey. This 16′ x 24′ signature hand-painted mural appropriately depicts a Mako shark in its undersea environs.
Check out all this Sea World excitement. Grab your Sea World passes and “dive in” to all these new attractions!