DISNEY SPRINGS — CANDY CAULDRON’S CANDY APPLE CREATIONS
Surprise friends and family by creating your own Mickey Mouse candy apples! The confectionary masters at Candy Cauldron in Disney Springs share their secrets for this DIY recipe…
The key to these mouthwatering candy apples is the freshest of Granny Smith apples…
- Prep for dipping by melting caramel, dark chocolate and white chocolate. Color granulated sugar with red food coloring and let dry. Only the best of ingredients!
- Place sticks into each apple through the base. Dip first into caramel, coating all except right next to the stick, about the size of a quarter.
- Snip a bit off the edge of two marshmallows to create Mickey’s ears. Confectioner’s secret here is to place them correctly… “too close together, he’s a bunny… too far apart, he’s a bear… just right, he’s a mouse!”
- Dip completely into dark chocolate and let harden. Trim off any chocolate “skirt” around the edge. Then dip just halfway into white chocolate.
- Place two small yellow jelly beans lengthwise, like a “pause” sign”, for Mickey’s buttons.
- Another confectioner’s secret… tip apple on its side and pour red sugar onto the white chocolate — do not dip — and it will coat nicely.
And voila! …or as MIckey would say… “Oh boy! That sure is swell!”
Next time you visit Disney Springs, pop into Candy Cauldron and watch the confectioners work their magic in creating candy apples of all shapes and flavors… all delicious!